Stretching helpslengthen the muscles and improves range of motion.
The benefits of Stretching include:
- Improved flexibility
- Increased circulation
- Improved overall posture
- Stress relief
- Relaxation of shortened muscles
- Prevents injury if stretch warm ups are preformed prior to an athletic event.
The Difference between Passive, Active, and Assisted Stretching
- Passive stretching is when an external force is applied to move your joints
- Active stretching is when you perform the stretch and move the joints.
- Active Assisted stretching is when you and a practitioner perform the stretch together.
When You Should Avoid Stretching
- When you sustain an acute injury
- A recent strain or sprain
- Have a recent broken bone
At Noblesville Massage Therapy we utilize stretch along with massage to maximize making a difference in how you feel and move at the completion of the treatment session.