Plantar Fasciitis is pain that is located in the bottom of the foot near the heal along the tissue called the Plantar Fascia. It generally exhibits itself in people who have fallen arches (over pronated feet) or when the person wears shoes that are flat and offer little to no support. You may wake up in the morning with a stabbing pain as if you are stepping on glass; it sometimes disappears as the day progresses.
Causes of Plantar Fasciitis
- Results from small micro-tears in the Plantar Fascia
- Initial inflammation but as time goes on pain may persist without inflammation.
- Soft tissue mobilization manually and with tools
- Stretching and strengthening exercises to the foot and ankle
- Use of orthotics in shoes that are supportive
- Special taping (K-T Tape )